Ever Blade League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying Pokemon Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Flying Pokemon Suggestions Empty Flying Pokemon Suggestions

Post  skytania Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 am

Any good flying pokemon I can use? I'm looking for one to two good ones to replace some on my team
skytania
skytania

Back to top Go down

Flying Pokemon Suggestions Empty Gliscor

Post  Admin Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am

Gliscor is a ground and flying type pokemon and can use poison heal with toxic orb as the item to heal. Sub Protect is a good way to stall and heal.

Admin
Admin

https://everbladeleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Flying Pokemon Suggestions Empty Braviary

Post  ThehPois Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:28 pm

i would use Braviary because of its Sp.Atk or use Mandibuzz with a great Sp.Def these two i would use there very good
Mandibuzz is a good wall for teams, Braviary can learn rock slide, superpower, bulk up Braviary and mandibuzz are good i used them before there quite good in battle Smile

ThehPois

Back to top Go down

Flying Pokemon Suggestions Empty Re: Flying Pokemon Suggestions

Post  Exploding Typhoon Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:49 pm

ThehPois wrote:i would use Braviary because of its Sp.Atk

No. First off, Braviary does not have a good Sp. Atk stat. It is a physical attacker, and nothing else.

Second, Braviary isn't that good in general. Seriously, keep away from him in higher tiers, he's outclassed.

If you want a good Special Attacker, go for Landorus. Sheer Force can boost the strength of moves like Earth Power, Focus Blast, and Psychic, while a Life Orb would boost them further without hurting Landy. If the 4x weakness to Ice is a turn off, look at Thundurus-T or Tornadus-T. You could also look to Zapdos, but he's a bit outclassed by Thundy-T, in my opinion.

Mandibuzz can be a good special wall, with access to Taunt, Toxic, and Roost. She's also basically your only option for a Flying type special wall.

Golbat is one of my favorite physical walls, with a wondrous immunity to Toxic, the ability to take out half your opponent's HP in one hit, and reliable recovery, he can be pretty useful. He does, however, suffer a weakness to Stealth Rock, something Gliscor doesn't have to deal with. Gliscor is also immune to paralysis, and while not immune to Poison, he benefits from it. Gliscor does, however, also have a nasty 4x weakness to Ice. And there is, of course, always Skarmory to look at. Neutral to Stealth Rock, great physical bulk, ability to phaze and lay hazards, you can't overlook him too easily.

If you're looking for a physical attacker, Gyarados is a great one, and pairs nicely with Special Landorus due to Landy's Electric immunity, whereas Gyarados has a 4x weakness to it. Also in your pool of options is D-Nite and Salamence, both of whom are great sweepers with amazing abilities. However, they don't pair quite as well with Landorus, due to all three having a double weakness to Ice. You could try to run Archeops, but I don't advise that without some serious Wish support. Aerodactyl can set up Rocks, throw out Taunt, and get a few quick hits in, but Skarm can also set up Rocks, and the other attackers mentioned all have more survivability than Aero. Lastly, you could look at Honchkrow, who not only hits hard, but also has access to priority in Sucker Punch, and his hits only get stronger thanks to Moxie.
Exploding Typhoon
Exploding Typhoon

Back to top Go down

Flying Pokemon Suggestions Empty Re: Flying Pokemon Suggestions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum